Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Multifariousness


Every time I go for an interview I am trying to convince people that I am good for the job profile they are offering. The situation which occurs as a result of that, is a foot in mouth one. Because I believe I am not good for any ONE particular job. I have undertaken a lot of activities in my life which are either meaningful or meaningless and it just so happens that I come across as a confused person to people. Well, it’s not that I am unsure of what I want to do; it’s just that I have varied interests. I like to take up whatever comes my way. Anything that involves writing, creativity, travelling, events, music, sports, helping the world to be a better place(the works), I love to do. I am called a jack of all trades. And somehow, it has been drilled into my brain that it is a bad thing, that there HAS to be one thing that you are a master of. But I like being a jack of all trades.

So, it’s a decision on my account. I want a job which will give me the opportunity to do everything that I love doing. I want a job where I can put all my trades to use-maybe collectively, or separately. I want to convince people about the fact that I am willing to take up anything which interests me. Maybe it's time I be upfront…”I do what stimulates me and if I have applied for your profile, it is because it excites me. All YOU have to do is offer me variety. Because if I try and convince you about why I want your job while my qualifications are something else, you'll just hit blank. 90% of the time form an opinion - 'Oh, she is just confused.' Unless of course, you are willing to hear about my diverse pursuits."

No comments: